I saw this on Julie Czerneda’s newsgroup and had to post it here.
Ten things to keep in mind, when considering how many copies of UNDER COVER OF DARKNESS you will need.
1. It’s Jana Paniccia’s editorial debut. And a masterful one.
2. It features STUNNING original art by our friends, Kenn Brown and Chris Wren, based largely on the FABULOUS story by Douglas Smith … which is, I might add, inside this book. (Clever that.)
3. There’s a vastly clever intro at the beginning … oh, and vastly clever editorial bios at the end. By … the VASTLY CLEVER EDITORS!
4. Larry Niven ASKED to be in this book!!!! (We said yes.)
5. Readers of Janny Wurts? Her story is a PREQUEL to her NOVELS! (Yes, it is.)
6. Esther Friesner’s story is TOO FUNNY. Really, it is.
7. There are first published works in this book by … (and if I’m wrong, correct me) … Darwin Garrison and Amanda Maloney!!! WHOO HOO!
8. There is a story by Writer of the Future Winner, Stephen Kotowych!!!! (It might also be his first sale, but I’m fuzzy on that)
9. There are four countries from three continents represented in this book! France (Bonjour Jihane),
10. Rounding out this collection, like ICING ON THE CAKE! Stories by Nick Pollotta, Tanya Huff, Janet Deaver-Pack, and … wait for it … RUSSELL DAVIS AND DORANNA DURGIN!!!!!